What is App Store Optimization (ASO)
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process done to increase the visibility of applications in mobile application markets and to increase the number of downloads by enabling users to discover applications.
There are too many applications in the application markets today, and the markets are ranking these applications according to the needs of the users among the ones that are qualified for the users. Like on the web, application markets rank applications according to specific criteria.
In areas where users need it, the application needs to achieve a good user experience. It should be simple and fast and have a structure in which users can easily find what they are looking for.
- Technical Performance
- Engaging and Quality Content
42% of users give 1 star to the application because of the bugs and unstable applications.
App Store Optimization for App Store (IOS)
App Store Title
The application name plays an important role for users to discover applications in the market. Choose names that are simple and catchy at the same time that give hints about the application. Beware of using generic terms and not using a similar name to another app. Use an average of 30 characters or less in the app name.
Google Play İçin App Store Optimization (Android)
Google Play Icon Design Features
The application icon should be attractive to users and describing the application. Play store has some rules for icons of market apps, app icons need to be optimized according to these rules.
- The application icon should not contain any text to indicate the order. (Example 2023 best practice.)
Pay attention to the following features when creating the icon.
- Maximum Size: 512px x 512px
- Format: 32-bit PNG
- Color Space: sRGB
- Maximum File Size: 1024 KB
- Shadow: Do not add shadows to icons, Play Store adds shadows to uploaded icons.
- Radius: Upload images without giving a radius value to the edges of the icon.
Google Play dynamically adds shadow to icons, upload them to console without shadowing around your icons. If you’re going to use a shadow inside the icon rather than around it, check the Google Material guidelines.
Play Store Title
- Your title should be relevant to the application, describing the application. Find a unique name and avoid generic descriptions.
- Optimize your title length, some devices may shorten long titles. Use an average of 30 characters or less for app titles in the Play Store.
- Make sure there are no spelling mistakes with titles.
- Do not use words such as ranking (top), price or promotion (such as free), or download in the app title.
- Do not use all capital letters (unless the brand name and identity are completely capitalized) and create a title.
- Do not use special characters that have nothing to do with the application.
- Don’t use emojis.
Google Play Console Application Name Entry