What is CTR and How to Improve CTR?
CTR (Click Through Rate) is the rate at which a page’s organic listing results or ads are clicked through in search engines.
How to Calculate CTR?
Click-through rate is calculated by the click/impression action.
For example, if a page has received 100 impressions and 5 clicks on the Google search results page, the click-through rate of this page will be 5% from the click/impression account.
Webmaster tools or ad panels such as Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster, Yandex Webmaster also analyze CTR.
How to Improve CTR on SERP?
- High brand awareness is one of the factors that increase the click-through rate.
- Strong CTA (Call to Action) phrases increase users clicks.
- The attractiveness of the descriptions in the meta data (meta title & meta description) leads the user to click.
- Featured snippets on the search results page (SERP); Impressions created by search engines in a customized view when displaying results, and by reflecting metadata on search results pages.
- Using long-tail keywords meta title and meta description tag. More spesific and less competitive titles can help users click.
- The use of emoji in title tags can be more noticeable.